RegScale ships configured with default data loaded in the pulldown/select boxes throughout the application. However, we also provide the ability for our customers to customize these values based on their unique requirements and business practices.
The steps below will allow you to configure the metadata in RegScale (NOTE: You must be an Administrator to configure metadata):
- Click your name in the top right corner
- Select "Setup" from the menu
- Click "Metadata" on the left side navigation bar to bring up the Metadata Manager
- Select the Module to configure metadata (NOTE: Each module will have a number next to it showing the number of fields that can be configured)
- Select which field in the module to configure metadata
- In the "New Metadata Record", enter the value to display in the dropdown list.
- Click "Add New" to add the metadata record
- Repeat the steps as needed to add all of the relevant customer metadata
Managing Over Time
You can continue to edit and manipulate custom metadata over time as your needs and requirements evolve. You can add new metadata using the steps above as often as necessary. In addition, when looking at the metadata list, you can "De-Activate" metadata which will remove it from dropdown lists but will not impact data already associated with that metadata record. This approach ensures no customer data is ever lost when deactivating metadata records.
Why Aren't Some Dropdown Fields Configurable?
In general, RegScale is an unopinionated platform allowing customers to build out metadata, custom fields, and workflows to meet their unique business requirements. However, there are some cases where consistency across customers is important. We have provided some dropdows that are not configurable due to:
- Regulations and Standards - very specific values are commonly accepted by regulators and standards bodies where customizing would cause confusion
- Status - where consistency is needed to drive workflow consistently across the platform
In most other cases, we have made the metadata configurable to meet each customer's unique needs.
Updated 3 months ago