This page contains information to assist our customers with utilizing the Advanced Reporting feature in RegScale. It describes what it is, why you would use it, the benefits, and provides instructions on getting started.
The Advanced Reporting feature unlocks your compliance data for sophisticated external reporting. This reporting is typically done by advanced analytics tools such as:
- Microsoft PowerBI
- IBM Cognos
- SAP BusinessObjects
While RegScale provides some great reporting features out of the box, there is often a desire for bespoke reporting with customer logos, colors, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). RegScale recognized this need and provides an open set of APIs that can be leveraged to retrieve and visualize data in external tools. There are many reasons to use this feature which include:
- Custom formatting such as logos and corporate branding
- Development of specific metrics and KPIs to measure performance
- Advanced visualization needs such as GIS mapping, flow diagrams, calendar views, etc.
- Fusion of data across modules to develop custom reports
This feature has multiple benefits for an organization; to include:
- Cost reduction for development of custom reports by leveraging automation to pull directly from the system of record versus manually creating charts and metrics through manual labor in spreadsheets
- Access to real-time compliance data for reporting versus after the fact manual reportin
- Improved situational awareness to reduce risk by accessing real-time data
Instructions for using this feature are provided below:
- If you are an RegScale Enterprise Edition (EE) customer, contact us to get access to our PowerBI starter pack. It creates dozens of custom visualizations to get our customers started with their compliance analytics.
- Access the API page in RegScale for data connectivity
- Connect your external reporting tool to RegScale APIs (NOTE: Some customers connect directly to the database through a SQL connection string. While this approach is easier to implement, RegScale does not guarantee non-breaking upgrades when directly connecting to the database. APIs are version safe and resilient to upgrades.)
- Develop your visualizations in the analytics tool of your choice
- Set the frequency to sync data (if applicable) or setup to pull on demand (slower performance)
- Publish the visualization for your customer's use
Updated 10 months ago