Time Travel Feature
This page contains information to assist our customers with utilizing the Time Travel feature in RegScale. It describes what it is, why you would use it, the benefits, and provides instructions on getting started.
What is it?
Time Travel is a patent-pending feature that provides a Blockchain-like solution for tracking changes between versions of records. It provides the ability to travel back in time to see different versions of the record. A screenshot of the Time Travel system is shown below:
Why would you use it?
There are many reasons to use this feature which include:
- Quickly viewing changes to a compliance record since the last time you reviewed it
- In the event of an external audit or fine, proving that the evidence has not been altered or tampered with in any way
- Rolling back the record to a previous version if a mistake was made
What are the benefits?
This feature has multiple benefits for an organization; to include:
- Reducing potential fines by determining precisely when a potential non-compliance occurred
- Providing high integrity storage of compliance evidence
- Ensuring you can precisely follow the sequence and lineage of changes in a record that is protected by patent-pending cryptography
- Protecting against data loss and quality issues
How do I use it?
Instructions for using this feature are provided below:
- The first save of a record creates the initial link in a chain
- Each update to the record creates a new link that is encrypted with the MD5 hash of the first link and a private key
- This process continues "to the N" for each update to the record
- The UI allows customers to view all versions of the record and select which version they want to open
- When opening, RegScale does an integrity check to ensure the version has not been altered in any way, that it decrypts properly, and that the hash matches
- If the record has not been altered, it will pass the integrity check and display a printable version of that record in the middle column
- The far right column will show all fields that have changed between that version and the current version along with the before and after fields
- The user can revert the record back to that version with the buttons on the left side
Updated 3 months ago