This page contains information to assist our customers with utilizing the Workflow feature in RegScale. It describes what it is, why you would use it, the benefits, and provides instructions on getting started.
What is it?
Workflows are typically used within organizations to ensure compliance processes are followed and that appropriate stakeholders are included. By using Workflows in RegScale, users can ensure compliance artifacts are reviewed and approved by appropriate groups.
Why would you use it?
Workflows allow organizations to automate the review and approval process against any module within RegScale. By using the Workflow designer, user can:
- Ensure appropriate groups are included in the compliance process
- Define groups who are responsible for review and approval
- Review and visualize how long a workflow runs to see where processes bottlenecks exist
What are the benefits?
RegScale's Workflow feature provides a number of key capabilites that are useful in managing a robust compliance program, to include:
- Driving process optimization and increasing speed of compliance
- Reducing risk by ensuring stakeholders are consulted and informed
How do I use it?
The Workflow feature consists of a Workflow Designer and Workflow Instances. NOTE: Groups of reviewers and approvers must be created first before Workflows are created. These groups are assigned to workflow steps leveraging the following steps:
- Click on your name and select "Workflow Designer"
- Select "New Workflow Design"
- Enter a Name for your Workflow and select which Module to which this workflow will be applied
- Select "New Workflow Template Step"
- Enter a Name for your Workflow step
- Select the Action Type (Notification or Approval)
- Select the Group for which the Workflow step is assigned
- Click "Save"
- Repeat these steps until the workflow is completely built
- Click "Save" to save the entire workflow
NOTE: You can reorder workflow steps by dragging and dropping steps in the appropriate order. The workflow will run from top to bottom.
Use Workflow Instances to view all the Workflows in the system. You can delete individual runs of a workflow from this view if desired. To look at a workflow, select the workflow you wish to view by clicking "View" next to the name of the workflow. Here, you can see how long it took for a workflow to run and the status of each workflow step. You can also view the parent of the workflow by clicking "View Parent"
Updated 3 months ago