Case Management Module
This page contains information to assist our customers with utilizing the Case Management module in RegScale. It describes what it is, why you would use it, the benefits, and provides instructions on getting started.
What is it?
Case management is a collaborative process for assessing, planning, and coordinating options for addressing any reported issues of non-compliance that may pose risk to the organization. Common areas for case management include:
- Human Resources (HR) - Waste, Fraud, and Abuse cases, discrimination, or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) concerns
- Legal - investigating non-compliance with Federal, State, and Local Laws and Regulations
- Security - investigating potential Incidents of Security Concern (IOSCs)
NOTE: We are not a medical case management system or Electronic Health Records (EHR) System.
Why would you use it?
Cases are commonly used within security, legal, or HR programs to track negative events that require an immediate response or investigation. There are many reasons to manage cases which include:
- Tracking response actions (i.e. to mitigate risks of fines or potential legal exposure)
- Categorizing and tracking/trending cases relative to severity, risk, or legal exposure
- Performing mitigation actions for any actual or expected non-compliance
- Conducting causal analysis to determine the root cause of cases
- Tracking case timelines as part of forensic analysis
What are the benefits?
A strong case management program results in multiple benefits for an organization; to include:
- Reducing Mean Time to Respond to cases
- Leveraging trend analysis to pro-actively mitigate legal, safety, and security risks
- Reducing legal exposure from events and tracking mitigation actions to further reduce risks
- Recovering from negative events/risks related to inappropriate personnel actions
- Conducting forensic analysis to collect and turnover relevant evidence to the authorities; as applicable
- Performing corrective actions to address the root cause of a case and to prevent recurrence
How do I use it?
The case module in RegScale Community Edition (CE) provides a number of key features that are useful in managing a robust program, to include:
- Tracking reporting and response related dates for cases
- Tracking the case management phases from initial reporting to final disposition
- Conducting risk assessments related to cases
- Tracking case management tasks and collecting evidence
- Conducting causal analysis and building a forensic timeline of important events related to the case
- Assigning ownership of case management and response actions for accountability
- Real-time tracking and dashboards for visualizing progress in resolving cases
- Automation of evidence collection and forensic data via our Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Single pane of glass assignment tracking via our work bench
- Automated workflows for review and approval
- Interactive timeline builder for forensic analysis
- Social collaboration via our News Feed (LinkedIn for Compliance) and real-time commenting system
- Secure evidence management with our file upload and encryption system
- Audit history including every view, update, print, email, etc.
- Calendar view to visualize incidents over time
For our Enterprise Edition (EE) customers, you get all the great features above, plus we add:
- Ability to create custom fields to extend the schema and build out customer specific data entry forms
- Integration with Microsoft Teams and Slack for real-time collaboration
- Ability to host a multi-tenant version to segregate data by site, customer, organization, etc. to run many different incident response programs with complete data isolation from a single installation (i.e. separate tenants for cyber security, physical security, and safety)
- Real-time interactive dashboard with Microsoft PowerBI AddOn
Updated 3 months ago