This page contains information to assist our customers with utilizing the Threat module in RegScale. It describes what it is, why you would use it, the benefits, and provides instructions on getting started.
What is it?
A threat is a person or thing that is likely to cause damage or danger. Common synonyms for threats might include:
Why would you use it?
Threats are commonly combined with potential vulnerabilities to create risks to an organization. New threats should be properly analyzed to protect the organization's interest over time as the threat landscape changes. There are many reasons to track threats which include:
- Updating risks analysis/assessments
- Identifying and then eliminating vulnerabilities
- Applying mitigations
What are the benefits?
A strong threat management program results in multiple benefits for an organization; to include:
- Improving resilience over time
- Pro-active risk mitigation
- Potential cost avoidance
How do I use it?
The threat module in RegScale Community Edition (CE) provides a number of key features that are useful in managing a robust program, to include:
- Conducting triage actions to apply mitigations
- Analyzing the environment for vulnerabilities that can be exploited
- Conducting risk assessments
- Real-time tracking and dashboards
- Automation via our Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Single pane of glass assignment tracking via our work bench
- Automated workflows for review and approval
- Interactive timeline builder
- Social collaboration via our News Feed (LinkedIn for Compliance) and real-time commenting system
- Secure evidence management with our file upload and encryption system
- Audit history including every view, update, print, email, etc.
For our Enterprise Edition (EE) customers, you get all the great features above, plus we add:
- Ability to create custom fields to extend the schema and build out customer specific data entry forms
- Integration with Microsoft Teams and Slack for real-time collaboration
- Ability to host a multi-tenant version to segregate data by site, customer, organization, etc. to run many different threat management programs with complete data isolation from a single installation
- Real-time interactive dashboard with Microsoft PowerBI AddOn
Updated 3 months ago