This page contains information to assist our customers with utilizing the History feature in RegScale. It describes what it is, why you would use it, the benefits, and provides instructions on getting started.
What is it?
The history subsystem provides an audit log of all actions conducted on any RegScale record. Examples of audit events include saves, edits, views, prints, and emails.
Why would you use it?
There are many reasons to use this feature which include:
- Security logging
- Understanding a record's lineage
- Determining activity level on a record
What are the benefits?
This feature has multiple benefits for an organization; to include:
- Monitoring access control and need to know
- Records of access for classified spillages or potential clean up
- Observing trends in data access
How do I use it?
Instructions for using this feature are provided below:
- Navigate to any form in RegScale
- Scroll down to the subsystems
- Click on the history tab
- Click "Visualize" to view graphs of data access trends over time for this record
- Review the table for discrete events
- Click "Search" to find logs of a specific user or event type
Updated 3 months ago