This page contains information to assist our customers with utilizing the FedRAMP CIS/CRM Excel Export feature in RegScale. It describes what it is, why you would use it, the benefits, and provides instructions on getting started.
The FedRAMP CIS/CRM Export feature is a useful way of extracting data from a Security Plan in RegScale to perform external analysis using Microsoft Excel or to upload the data into FedRAMP.
There are many reasons to use this feature which include:
- Exporting data for external sharing
- Custom graphing and visualization in Excel
- Data analysis and transformation in Excel
- Uploading information into FedRAMP
This feature has multiple benefits for an organization; to include:
- Allows migrating data from RegScale into FedRAMP
- Avoids locking you into our system for data analysis
- Leverages commonly used skill sets found in most businesses
- Allows for easy custom reporting and analysis
The Security Plan has to have Controls assigned to it in order for the export button to display.
Instructions for using this feature are provided below:
- In the RegScale main menu, select Modules
- Select Security Plans from the drop down list
- Conduct any searching/filtering of the results to select the Security Plan of interest
- Click on the View button to open the Security Plan
- At the top of the page, click the export button:
- Clicking the button will create a pop up of the available export options
- Click export button labeled
FedRAMP CIS/CRM Export (.xlsx)
- Open the Excel file to conduct any relevant data analysis or visualization
NOTE: The Excel download is a raw pull of the issues associated with the Security Plan. The data contains limited transforms and will highlight any fields that should be populated along with comments on how to populate them in RegScale.
Updated 6 months ago