This page contains information to assist our customers with utilizing the Projects module in RegScale. It describes what it is, why you would use it, the benefits, and provides instructions on getting started.
What is it?
A project is a discrete set of scope (requirements) that must be accomplished within a fixed budget and/or schedule. Projects can be executed using a variety of methodologies including Waterfall and Agile. Common synonyms for projects might include:
- Programs (potentially collections of projects)
Why would you use it?
Projects are commonly used to manage important organization initiatives. Projects always manage the triple contstraints of scope, cost, and schedule while ensuring quality for deliverables. There are many reasons to perform project management which include:
- Tracking delivery of organization initiatives
- Assigning ownership of deliverables
- Ensuring requirements are delivered
- Ensuring costs are controlled
- Ensuring scheduled delivery dates are met
- Managing the overall portfolio of program investments against the organization's goals and strategy
What are the benefits?
A strong project management program results in multiple benefits for an organization; to include:
- Improving delivery on company initiatives
- Driving accountability for results
- Verifying compliance with overall project requirements
- Reducing overall costs
- Improving on-time delivery
- Balancing investments across the overall portfolio needs for the business
How do I use it?
The projects module in RegScale Community Edition (CE) provides a number of key features that are useful in managing a robust program, to include:
- Managing project milestones
- Tracking project expenses against overall budget
- Tracking implementation of project requirements
- Tracking progress against due dates (% complete, % delivered on-time, etc.)
- Tracking overall project drivers (i.e. mandates, audit findings, strategic drivers, cost savings, risk reduction, revenue generation, etc.)
- Real-time tracking and dashboards
- Automation via our Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Single pane of glass assignment tracking via our work bench
- Automated workflows for review and approval
- Interactive timeline builder
- Social collaboration via our News Feed (LinkedIn for Compliance) and real-time commenting system
- Secure document management with our file upload and encryption system
- Audit history including every view, update, print, email, etc.
- Calendar view to see project deliverables due within any given period
- Dashboards, Status Boards, and Score Cards to visualize progress in real-time
For our Enterprise Edition (EE) customers, you get all the great features above, plus we add:
- Ability to create custom fields to extend the schema and build out customer specific data entry forms
- Integration with Microsoft Teams and Slack for real-time collaboration
- Ability to host a multi-tenant version to segregate data by site, customer, organization, etc. to run many different project management programs with complete data isolation from a single installation
- Real-time interactive dashboard with Microsoft PowerBI AddOn
Updated 3 months ago