This page contains information to assist our customers with utilizing the Metadata feature in RegScale. It describes what it is, why you would use it, the benefits, and provides instructions on getting started.
The Metadata feature is used to customize picklist data throughout RegScale based on the unique terminology and nomenclature of our clients. It allows each customer to configure the system to meet their unique metadata needs without the need for custom coding.
There are many reasons to use this feature which include:
- Aligning terminology to the customer's specific needs
- Allowsing tracking/trending/visualization based on this data
This feature has multiple benefits for an organization; to include:
- Faster adoption by using terminology already in place with the customer; reducing learning curves
- Aligning to metrics and visualizations already in place with the customer
Instructions for using this feature are provided below:
- NOTE: Only administrators can alter metadata
- NOTE: If an enterprise customer, metadata can be configured separately for each tenant
- Click the username in the top right corner
- Scroll down to "Setup"
- Click the tab on the left for "Metadata"
- RegScale will load default data based on best practices and industry standards
- This data can be customized by each customer based on their needs
- To manage metadata, do the following:
- Select the module you want to manage
- Select which field on that module you want to manage
- Use the textbox to add a new metadata option
- Click the "De-Activate" button to disable an option so it will no longer be selectable
- NOTE: De-activated metadata is still there for legacy records but will not be selectable going forward
Updated 10 months ago