The RegScale platform is continuously updated based on customer feedback and to ensure that any security risks are mitigated over time. As such, frequent upgrades are recommended to keep your RegScale platform on the latest version. This page provides guidance on how to upgrade your instance.
Upgrading with Docker Compose
- Stop the application -
- Edit the YAML file,
cat docker-compose.ymlto the version of the container you wish to upgrade to (if you need to specify a specific version). You can also set the container to use
image:regscale/regscale:latestto always update to the latest available image.
- Restart the application -
- The upgrade is as simple as "bouncing" the container by taking it down and having it pull the latest image as Docker Compose spins it back up.
NOTE: You must be in the directory with the YAML file to start and stop the container.
Upgrading with Kubernetes
- Open the deployment YAML file for your install
- Edit the version of the container desired
- Reapply the deployment -
kubectl apply -f deployment.yaml
NOTE: If you host the application with multiple pods, upgrades can be done non-disruptively in a rolling fashion.
Upgrading with IIS
NOTE: For version 3.0 and later, you must install the latest version of the ASP.NET Core 6.0 Runtime on your Windows 2019 server.
- Download the latest ZIP file provided by your RegScale Account Executive
- Unzip the file
- Stop the RegScale application in IIS
- Paste the new files over the existing ones to get the latest version
- Restart the RegScale application in IIS
General Notes for Upgrades
- It is recommended to backup the database before upgrades, especially between major version releases
- It is recommended to backup the storage volume before major upgrades
- The rest of the RegScale platform is stateless and immutable. Containers may be spun up and torn down at will with no data loss.
Disclaimer - RegScale is not responsible for any lost configuration files. All configuration files and associated secret management are a customer responsibility. RegScale support personnel do not have access to customer files and secrets and will be unable to restore the application or data if secrets are lost.
- RegScale only supports upgrades of the system. It is not possible to downgrade. If the system is downgraded, the database schema can become very unstable and will place the platform in an unsupported configuration. In these cases, the only recovery is to restore from backup.
Updated 29 days ago