Excel Export Feature
This page contains information to assist our customers with utilizing the Excel Export feature in RegScale. It describes what it is, why you would use it, the benefits, and provides instructions on getting started.
What is it?
The Excel Export feature is a useful way of extracting data from RegScale to perform external analysis using Microsoft Excel.
Why would you use it?
There are many reasons to use this feature which include:
- Exporting data for external sharing
- Custom graphing and visualization in Excel
- Data analysis and transformation in Excel
What are the benefits?
This feature has multiple benefits for an organization; to include:
- Avoids locking you into our system for data analysis
- Leverages commonly used skill sets found in most businesses
- Allows for easy custom reporting and analysis
- Does not require expensive external tools or non-standard programs
How do I use it?
Instructions for using this feature are provided below:
- In the RegScale main menu, select Modules
- Pick the module you want from the drop down list
- Conduct any searching/filtering of the data to build the data set of interest
- Click the gray "Export to Excel" button at the top of the list
- Clicking the button will download the data to a new Excel file on your computer
- Open the Excel file to conduct any relevant data analysis or visualization
NOTE: The Excel download is a raw pull of the data set with limited transforms. Some data will be non-human friendly containing GUIDs.
Updated 3 months ago